Thursday, June 2, 2011

Humanity

Humanity -- the quality of being human;  showing kindness or mercy


It's hard to imagine the cruelty set upon animals daily and most of wouldn't really want to dwell on it long.  However, there are thousands of strong souls who make it their mission to make a difference, intervene, and save a life - the living embodiment of humanity.

They're not millionaires -- actually the contrary.  They're scraping by, pinching pennies, foregoing a "luxury" or even a necessity to step into the brink and make a difference.  I can identify with that - most animal lovers will and so many will be racked with pain for not being able to do more.

I am one of those people - financially strapped and tender hearted.  I've rescued 3 cats - Bandit who passed away at 20 plus years of age Valentine' Day of 2009 and now my 2 black furry children - Casanova and Puddin'.  They each have a story... (which I'll save for another blog)... but I couldn't turn my back even when groceries a spare they're mine.


What I hope to do here is highlight the efforts, the stories, provide information, hopefully educate and make a tiny dent in this world for animals.

Hope you will go on this journey with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment