Sunday, June 5, 2011

Desperately needing home-repost (again) (N Columbus, GA)

Tiger Lily is in North Columbus, Georgia and in desperate
need of a new home.
If a home isn't found soon, she will be surrendered to
Animal Control and subjecting her
to the risk of immediate euthanization.

Desperately needing home-repost (again) (N Columbus, GA)


Date: 2011-06-04, 1:30AM EDT 
Taken from Craigslist.com 


I'm in a horrible position, and I am desperate to find a new home for my doggie. I only have days to find a new home, or I will be forced to surrender her to Animal Control. (I checked with PAWS Humane and they are too crowded to accept her.) To make a long story short, we are moving to Washington state and we won't have the means to take care of her.

Below is Tiger Lily (usually just called Tiger). She is a Basenji-mix female. She is supposed to weigh 45 pounds, so she is on the large side of medium, or the small side of large. She's a little older. She will be 7 years old in August, but Basenji's are known to live for 16-18 years or more. Her only health issue right now is that she is overweight. We were overfeeding her, but have corrected her portion and hasn't noticed. She went to the vet two weeks ago, and got a clean bill of health and all of her shots. She hasn't noticed the change. I'll provide contact info for her vet, her rabies tag & Columbus city permit.

She has been a wonderful companion... especially both times my husband went to Iraq. She is very loving... she loves kids, most people, other dogs... but she is not a slobbery-in-your-face dog. She is very well-mannered... she sits at the door and waits for permission to go outside, and isn't usually on leash. She can be sedentary... she is content to lay on her bed, as long as she is not alone in the room. (She has always been an inside dog that enjoys going to the park, hiking, etc) She can also be energetic... she loves playing with her "friends" both human and animal. She was taught to chase squirrels, and is very fast. She is quiet, except when it matters... she barks for strangers in the yard, at the door, and when someone enters without invitation. She has lived as an "only child" for a time and also lived with other dogs, too. She has not lived with cats or other small animals... when she has visited cats, she got too excited, so she was taken out of the situation. She would probably settle down with a cat, if someone had the patience to let them get to know each other properly. She has been socialized with many situations... as a puppy she was very timid, but socialization has made her much more confident. She is very smart, and wants to please. Her ears were never cropped... she perks them up, lays them back, puts one up at a time... they are the most expressive part of her body. She was trained using Positive-Motivation methods with treats, rather than a clicker. (She LOVES treats.) She has been my companion since she was 5 months old. I got her from the Columbus Humane Society, so she is fixed.

At this point I'm desperate to find her a home. Her ideal home would allow her to be inside most of the time. She does not need a kennel: she stays on her bed while we are out of the house. She just needs a home. It is breaking my heart. I ran out of options, and now I'm running out of days. Please help, or pass along my information to someone else who might be able to find her a home.

Please call my/my husband's cell phone 706.505.7481 or email me (preferred).
My name is Dee, and if I don't answer, please leave a voicemail with a good time to call back. I'll do my best to call back at that time.








No comments:

Post a Comment